Well it is sure great to be back. I’m so sorry I haven’t posted in a while it’s been so crazy. Between getting engaged, planning a wedding in under a week (more on that later), getting married (I will be posting pictures as soon as they come in 😁) and quickly finding housing afterward, I have had absolutely no energy at all! But, I’m back! And here’s a sneak peek of our wedding:
My website isn’t the only thing that has been neglected though. I’ve also been struggling with finding the energy and time to workout. So, today I decided to get back into my gym routine! I did a really light workout since it was my first time working out in a while, and I thought I should share it with you guys!
1. Elliptical: First, I did the elliptical for about 10 minutes (I almost never do cardio, and if I do, I usually do it after working out because it burns more fat) to warm up. You should actually do this step last, but I just had a super “whatever” day.
2. C-Sweep: I decided to work my arms and chest. The first exercise I did is called the C-Sweep. You lay flat on your back and hold up your weights above your head, and make a “C” shape in the air so you end to where your hips are. I did this 20 times. (I can’t take credit for this, I found it on Cosmopolitan 😁)
3. Chest Fly: This exercise is also on your back. You raise your weights up and then open your arms super wide (not too wide) so you kind of look like a butterfly! Make sure to keep your abs tight during this and don’t arch your back. I did this 25 times.
4. Shoulder Press: This one is super fun and easy! I use heavier weights on this exercise. Hold your weights right above your shoulders and extend them straight up and back down. This exercise really helps your shoulders look sculpted! I did this 25 times.
5. Squats: I always incorporate squats into every single workout because I love them so much. The minimum I do is 100-150, but since I am living in a climate with really clean air, I’m going to try to shoot for 200 in the future. Today, I just did 100 because I’m not as in shape as I used to be. Keep your back straight when doing squats, or they won’t be as effective!
6. Bench Press Machine: I love this machine so much! I think it’s super fun. I did about 4 sets of 12 reps each with the machine set to 50lbs. (I usually do 40lbs, but I really pushed myself on this machine today). I actually would have done more sets, but an old man was getting mad at me and wanted to use the machine so I left haha.
Repeat steps 2-6 one more time, and that was my workout!
This was a super simple workout for me, so don’t judge! Are there any workouts that are your favorite? Comment below!
Here’s a few more wedding photos just cause I can’t help myself: