Yay, it’s finally October! October is my favorite month, not only because my birthday is in October, but also because of Halloween, and fall, my favorite season!
I feel like there is so much to talk about when it comes to fall! Recipes, autumn decor for the home, and much more!
I will be posting a lot more throughout this month, but for now I’ll put in a yummy recipe I love making during the fall.
This recipe is so easy to make and so delicious at the same time! And the best thing, it’s gluten free. I saw this recipe on Pinterest, and decided to change it around to make it gluten free so it would be healthier. I also changed around some other things so it would taste better.
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup With Garlic Bread
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 cup of chopped onion
3 cloves of minced garlic (I like to add a little more because I love garlic)
2 bay leaves
Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
10 diced tomatoes (28 oz worth)
1 (32 oz) container of vegetable broth
1/4 cup of chopped basil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (I like to add Old Bay seasoning, but if you aren’t from the East Coast, you can stick to pepper)
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (You can change it to 3/4 of a cup if you love a lot of cream)
2 (9 oz) packages of fresh or frozen gluten free cheese tortellini
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic. Cook until tender, which is about 5 minutes. Stir in bay leaves and crushed red pepper flakes.
2. Add the diced tomatoes and vegetable broth. Stir in basil and, for seasoning, add in salt and pepper (or Old Bay seasoning). Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the bay leaves from the pot. (This is really important. I’ve accidentally eaten a bay leaf and its not very fun). Put soup in a blender to blend and return to the pot. Stir in Greek yogurt until mixed in. Stir in the gluten free cheese tortellini and cook on medium-low until tortellini is cooked, for about 7-8 minutes.
I like to add garlic bread to this recipe. Since I eat gluten free, I can’t just buy it already made at the store. Here’s the recipe I use to make gluten free garlic bread:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. (You only need enough to spread over however many pieces of bread you are making)
- Add in garlic and parsley
- Put gluten free bread in rows on a cookie sheet (I buy my gluten free bread from Wal-Mart or Lee’s Marketplace. It is the unfrozen kind)
- Bake 10 minutes
Well there ya go! This is one of my absolute favorite recipes that I have found and it’s perfect for a chilly day in the fall. Happy Autumn!