Ever since I have started eating gluten-free and dairy-free, I have struggled so much to find a yummy beef stroganoff recipe. I eventually just gave up on recipes like these because it was so difficult finding one, let alone one that actually tasted good. After months and months of searching, I have finally found a beef stroganoff recipe that tastes good, and is actually gluten-free and dairy-free! This is one of my husband’s favorite meals! I made a little bit of modifications to it (which you can see in pink), but I found the original recipe at theprettybee.com. Here is the recipe:
- 1.5lbs sirloin steak
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package white button mushrooms (I hate mushrooms so I didn’t put these in)
- 2 Tbsp gluten free flour (I used brown rice flour)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt (I used potassium salt)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1.5 cup almond milk
- 1 package gluten free pasta
- Chives, opt
- Slice the sirloin steak super thin and saute with the onions and mushrooms in a large skillet.
- Once the steak is cooked through, remove the steak and vegetables to a bowl while you make the sauce in the skillet.
- Add the gluten free flour to the pan drippings and stir. Slowly add the almond milk and whisk to thicken.
- Add the salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Stir, then add the beef and vegetables, and heat through. (After tasting it, I found it to be a bit bland, so I added some garlic salt, and more pepper)
- Serve over pasta and top with chives if desired.